The firm through its offices in Portadown, Newry, Castlewellan and Dublin provides practical and commercial advice in this expanding market. The continued focus we have placed on this area of work allows the firm to adopt a practical and commercial approach, working closely with clients to understand their commercial objectives and to provide practical and commercial advice.We’re proud of the quality of the work we undertake, the expertise of our people and the relationships we develop with our clients.
The practice is broad based with clients including government bodies, public authorities, public companies, private companies, partnerships and individuals. The firm also acts for developers, main contractors, specialist contractors, suppliers, consultants, insurers and financial institutions.
JPHLAW skills cover a broad range of matters, including:
- Advice on and drafting of all forms of Building Contracts
- Advice on and drafting of Civil Engineering Contracts
- Collateral Warranties
- Partnering Contracts including PPC 2000, NEC
- Consultants’ Appointments
- Sub-contract agreements
- Funding agreements
- Performance Bonds
- Parent Company Guarantees
- Advice on property aspects of the Disability Discrimination Act 2005
- Health & Safety
- PFI advice (eg in the healthcare and education sectors)
- Advice on CITB Training Levy
- Renewable Energy
- Dispute avoidance and resolution
- Contractual Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- Litigation including proceedings in the Technology & Construction Court and Court of Appeal
- advising consortia on the various bid requirements for PFI/PPP Projects, including the formation of special purpose companies and related joint venture arrangements with consortium members;
- advising public sector bodies and private sector consortia on procurement issues and on concession contracts, including direct agreements and lenders and subcontractors;
- advising construction companies on the differences between JCT construction contracts and those used in PFI/PPP projects and on direct agreements with lenders and public sector bodies;
- the preparation, negotiation and review of development, construction, engineering and professional contracts;
- the preparation, negotiation and review of bonds and collateral warranties;
advising companies on facilities management and operating contracts;
- advising lenders and consortia on project finance issues, including the negotiation of loan, security, inter-creditor and direct agreements; and
- advising professional team members on collateral warranties and direct agreements;
- advising parties on property and surplus land issues.
If my you have any questions and want an immediate response please contact our Mr Kevin Neary who is happy to answer your questions by return of email to email@example.com.
Licensed to practice in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
A vital extra dimension to all these services is that, since we are licensed to practice in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, we are uniquely placed to advise the increasing number of businesses choosing to pursue commercial projects on both sides of the border.
Being licensed to practice in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, we provide high-quality, all-Ireland legal services to business. Our Strategic location in the city of Newry near the border and within easy reach of Belfast and Dublin also offers obvious advantages.
Whatever your requirements then – acquisitions to restructing, from property to inward investment – our professional approach and practical advice ensure that you maximise your business opportunities while avoiding the pitfalls.