Accidents arising from slips and trips are often perceived as trivial, and an example of the “compensation culture.”
In reality, a high proportion of such accidents involve serious injury. Health and safety executives estimate that 95% of major slips result in broken bones.
Examples of tripping and slipping personal injury claims successfully pursued include:
- Severe injuries to the elderly, caused by slipping or tripping on defective pavements
- Injuries to children caused by defective utility grids
- Injuries caused by slipping on wet floors in supermarkets, hospitals, and schools
- Injuries suffered by children in playgrounds and sports centres
- Claims by council tenants for ill health caused by housing disrepair and defective premises
- Injuries to cyclists, motorcyclists and motorists caused by potholes in roads
Very often the injuries sustained in such accidents have adverse consequences for life.
All public and private organisations owe a duty of care to ensure all visitors to premises are safe. Local Authorities are also under a duty to ensure that pavements and public highways are in a safe condition for public use. Donnelly Neary & Donnelly is instructed in thousands of such cases each year.
Contact one of our offices at Newry , Dublin or Castlewellan for more information . Our services are offered throughout Northern Ireland though most of our clients come to us in Belfast , County Down and County Armagh